Security Awareness Slogans, Mottos, Tag lines, Catch Phrases, Maxims...
- Control + Alt + Delete
When You Leave Your Seat
- Be aware... Connect with care.
- Before leaving the scene, clear your desk and your screen.
- If something sounds too good to be true… there’s probably a scammer behind it.
- Leave a clear desk while you're away and at the end of each day.
- Give your computer a rest when you're not at your desk.
- Don't get hooked by phishers.
- Phishing: If you suspect deceit, hit delete!
- There's no excuse for computer misuse.
- Prepare for Disaster: Recover Faster.
- SEC_RITY is not complete without U!
- Sec-UR-rity - You are at the center.
- Amateurs hack systems, professionals hack people. — Bruce Schneier
- Think before you click.
- See something wrong? Do something right.
- Care to be aware!
- Protect personal information. The identity saved could be your own.
- Don't let your trash become someone else's treasure. Feed your shredder often.
- Passwords: Longer is Stronger.
- You wouldn't share your ATM pin, so why would you share your password?
- If you suspect deceit, hit DELETE.
- Passwords are like dirty socks. If left laying around, they'll create a stinky mess.
- The bug stops here. Use anti-malware programs to prevent virus infections.
- Security by Obscurity. Don't leave data or portable computing devices alone and in view.
- You can't unring a bell. Before you give PII* to anyone, make sure that access is allowed.
(* PII stands for Personally Identifiable Information)
- We all value privacy. Report actual or suspected spills of PII... before they become floods.
- Because we care, we're security aware.
- Report data spills before molehills become mountains or small leaks become fountains.
- Before sharing PII, know who, what, and why.
- Good security increases shareholder value.
- Don't be shy about protecting PII.
- Know how and when to say no. Don't share protected personal information with strangers.
- Don't be afraid to say no.
- To show our respect, we protect personal information that we collect.
- Protecting PII is everyone's job; PII is not everyone's business.
- Stop Neglect. Protect before you connect.
- @wareness is the key to security. — provided by Nandita Divakaran, Creative Writer, Muscat
- Information security is the immune system in the body of business. — provided by Kevin Pietersma, Information Security Architect, University of Toronto
- IT Security is the immune system in the body of IT. — provided by Kevin Pietersma, Information Security Architect, University of Toronto
- Security is a business requirement, which can have a technical expression. — provided by Kevin Pietersma, Information Security Architect, University of Toronto
- Security in projects are like oil super-tankers, when steering them they need small incremental changes early in order to avoid last minute radical changes that result in a wreck. — provided by Kevin Pietersma, Information Security Architect, University of Toronto
- Compliance is the residue of good security. — provided by Kevin Pietersma, Information Security Architect, University of Toronto
- A check that does not bounce is called the Security Check. Do it everyday before you leave! — provided by Yvette C. Gilyard, Portsmouth, VA
- Do Your Part - Be Security Smart! — provided by Cheri Huber, CHC, CHPC Napa County Privacy Officer
- Don’t be Quick to Click… be wary when you shop online. — provided by Vic Duca Cora
- Restart is Smart! (When leaving your computer for the day, always choose restart. This allows your computer to receive updates from the IT department through the network.) — provided by Mirinda Feeler
- A user who restarts is a user after my own heart! (Valentine's Day slogan) — provided by Mirinda Feeler
- Your CAC Card - Don't leave the office without it! — provided by Herbert C. Wilson, Jr.
- Passwords are like toothbrushes. They are best when new and should never be shared. — provided by Kara Kirschner-Brooks, CUDE; Learning & Development Specialist
- When you and your system part away, Your system should be first off for the day. — provided by Zeeshan Qamer
- Your mind is a storage room of information, keep the door locked. — provided by Irene Deichsel, FSO/Office Admin Manager, Cobham Analytic Solutions
- _ a _ _word is not a PaSSword without Protect, Save and Secure! — provided by Carbo So, MTR Corporation Limtied
- Link Link stop neglect….Think Think before connect! — provided by Carbo So, MTR Corporation Limtied
Ones that Didn't Make the Cut
- When passwords are heard, losses are incurred.
- Prevent security breaches by being careful with your speeches.
- Each of us must make a fuss if we're asked about something we must not discuss.
- Until we learn what breaches teach us, we'll be a target for data leeches.
- Prevent a security breach by keeping data out of reach.
- Loose clicks can cause security to be deep-sixed.
- Loose clicks invite hacker tricks.
- Data spills provide no thrills (unless you're the bad guy).
- Sec U R IT y - Tag! You're it!
- Taking a break? Don't be a flake. Log off before you leave.
A worker once left her ID
Unattended, where all could see.
It disappeared that day.
And we’re sorry to say
So did the company’s IP. (IP = intellectual property)
Please feel free to use these slogans in your awareness programs.
If you find them useful or have a slogan to add to this page, please let us know. If we add your slogan, we'll be happy to mention your name by adding "provided by: Your Name."
We use these slogans in many of our posters (the posters themselves are copyrighted). If you'd like to purchase a few posters with one of these messages on it, please feel free to do that, too. Thanks for all you do to increase security awareness.